Friday, April 11, 2008

I GAVE JESUS A DRINK

I GAVE JESUS A DRINK
A cry of His heart over Tahiti and the islands
 
It was not until last Sunday at church that I understood, during the worship time, what that incident I experienced in downtown Papeete the week before really meant.
 
Here is the story. Aline and I went to downtown in Papeete (Tahiti) to do some errands and get a bill taken care of from one of the government offices of town. Aline stayed in car and while I was exiting the building and was walking toward the car my attention was caught by a man seated in the passenger seat of the car parked right behind ours. He was obviously trying to draw my attention and seemed to have a hard time talking loud enough.
 
Since he was really intent in saying something to me I drew nearer to him and he was kind of whispering that he was REALLY thirsty: "J'ai soif, je veux boire" (translated from French: "I'm thirsty, I need to drink"). It was obvious that he had some impediment of speech and might have had some kind of paralysis. I was a little embarassed because I didn't have any unsealed water bottle I could use nor any cup in the car (we had a bottle in the car but we had already drunk from it). But the man was so desperate and it sounded like a matter of REAL thirst or he was gonna pass out. I felt the urgency of his cry and I said to him I would go get the water we had in the car and I went to get it.
 
As I was going to pass the bottle in his hands, he was obviously unable to grab a hold of it and he motioned to me that he needed help to get the bottle to his mouth. He didn't have a full use of his arms. So I brought gently the bottle to his mouth and lifted it slowly in order to allow him to drink. After about 10 seconds I took the bottle down and asked him if it was enough and he mentioned it was enough for now. Then I did feel an anointing come over me and I started talking to Him about Jesus. He immediately started crying with deep emotions and tears.
 
The presence of God was definitely there and I began praying over his chest for a healing to take place into his body. He was definitely touched and when he thanked me I noticed that his speech was definitely better. Somehow I felt this wasn't the time for any steps of faith on his part and I didn't want to challenge him at that point to get off the car and try to walk or make some movements he couldn't make. He had mentioned to me that he was waiting for his son-in-law (who had gone into one of those offices to get something done). He had not enough words to express his gratitude. I must admit that that event stunned me and I knew God was going to tell me more about it.
 
He asked me my name and phone number and I wrote them over an empty envelop I had in my hands. He couldn't even handle them so I put them in the glove box right in from of him. I also went to get a business card I had in the car and also put it in that glove box. His name is Bernard Poroi and I would like to request to you that you might pray for him for a complete healing but also a much deeper experience of God's love and for His salvation. He called me yesterday or the day before because he wanted to talk to me and I'm thankful he did since I now have at least two numbers I can call to reach him. This is what he said "You saved my life". I'm sure that this man might have had a very serious problem if I had not responded to his SOS signal. Thank God, I was able to pay attention.
 
Now, this is what the Lord showed me when I was in church last Sunday. I was taken by some creative thoughts of going to the streets of downtown Papeete and reaching out in new ways to the youth of that town with music, dances and songs of praise. All this was going on while I was in worship. All of a sudden the Lord brought me back to that encounter with the man in the streets of Papeete and there He told me what I did: "When you gave that water to Bernard it was actually to me you were doing it. You gave me a drink. And everytime you reach out to distressed souls out there you're blessing me and you bring refreshment to my heart. I'm so eager to see these many souls brought into my Kingdom. I already paid the full price for them."
 
The Lord revealed His heart of compassion and I cried out to Him "Lord, send me". I'm not sure what other implications are into this encounter but I'd like to ask you, my friends, to pray for this man. I'd like to see him completely restored (body, soul and spirit). He might actually be the gateway to more of those encounters and I do pray that the Lord will bring a burning passion into my heart for all these other ones who are waiting within closed doors and out there in the open. As I'm writing these lines to you my heart is deeply moved because I know this is the heartbeat of my Father in heaven and I'm writing them because I felt His prompting in my heart to do so today.
 
I promised Bernard that I would go visit him and he is also very anxious that I go. Please pray that Heaven would come forth with much more reality and power than I've ever known. I want to see Jesus in me do much more to save, heal, restore, bring purpose and a full life which He has promised (Jn 10:10). I know I owe all this people an encounter with God and I need to allow my Lord to have the access He longs to have in so many people's lives. I cannot afford to waste the high price He paid and I need that fire to burn stronger and stronger in me. This is my cry!!
 
I appreciate any of those prayers that will be made out of what He already has for us to experience because they are usually the ones that are made with faith. Thank you for your input into our lives in whichever way the Lord would have you give it. We should be sending out our newsletter very soon (it's in the works right now). This message was probably burning more on the heart of Jesus than mine but I got hit by His bullet as I was writing it. I pray that His bullets will just go right into your hearts. Please, let's remove the bullet proof jackets of unbelief, disbelief, discouragement or depression because Heaven wants to break open on us even has it has been available for 2,000 years!!
 
Because He is all our heart's desire and doing His bidding is our utmost call,
Edualdo (& Aline) Cicero

No comments: