What the Devil doesn’t want you to know about yourself
(by D. R. Silva on Jan 18, 2011)
You are not powerless or helpless against anything. You have ALL power and ALL authority because Jesus gave it to you (Luke 10:19, Matt. 28:18).
This is what people need to be taught so they can live as constant victors, not constant victims.
I spent 6 years of my Christian life as a victim, thinking I was stuck in depression and sin and that I had to beg God to do everything and fight every battle for me, thus missing everything He already did and gave to me. I already have everything needed to win (2 Peter 1:3), to always live from victory, and not always be searching and begging God for it.
Jesus already won, I’m in Him, so I won, too. He said, “You WILL have trouble in this world.” (John 16:33) that’s a promise. Many Christians stop there and aren’t taught the rest of the statement. He went on to say, “Take heart! I have overcome the world!” Why should you be excited and happy because He has overcome the world? Because you are one spirit with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17)!
If He has overcome the world, so have you.
It’s not a future tense thing, He didn’t say, “Take heart, someday I will overcome the world!” He said He already has. If He has already overcome all the trouble in the world, so have I. The problem is we get sucked into thinking from a now perspective were we are still trying to win. I already won, I don’t beg God for victory, I use the power and authority that He gave me to enforce the victory I already have in Christ.
I always win, I never lose (2 Cor. 2:14). I’m not helpless, I’m full of power. I’m not a victim, I’m a victor. I don’t look for victory, I live from it. I don’t need to beg God to fight my battles, He gave me power and authority and told me to trample on the works of the devil (Luke 10:19). Should you feel ashamed and inferior for asking God for help? Not at all! You are growing and learning, as am I. He’s the guy who said, “Ask and you shall receive.” There is nothing wrong with asking, but the point is not to get stuck in this idea that He is up there and you are down here, and you constantly need him to come to your rescue. He lives in you.
He lives in me, He goes where I go. I’m not powerless against sickness, diseases, depression, stress, worry, or any of that other garbage. I am victorious every time. I always win, I never lose, even when I feel like I have. My nature is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22), those are the fruits of the Spirit who lives in me, who is also one Spirit with me.
Does any of this mean you will never face opposition or get into battles? No. Jesus promised you trouble. What I’m saying is that you will always win if you use what God gave you and stop believing the lie that you are lacking and need a better anointing or a stronger gift before you can receive what he has for you.
You have the greatest anointing, that is the Anointed One who lives in you and will never leave you (Gal. 4:6, 1 John 2:27, Matt 28:20). You have the greatest gift, that is the Holy Spirit who lives in you, in whom every gift resides.
You always win, you never lose (2 Corinthians 2:14).
This is what people need to be taught so they can live as constant victors, not constant victims.
I spent 6 years of my Christian life as a victim, thinking I was stuck in depression and sin and that I had to beg God to do everything and fight every battle for me, thus missing everything He already did and gave to me. I already have everything needed to win (2 Peter 1:3), to always live from victory, and not always be searching and begging God for it.
Jesus already won, I’m in Him, so I won, too. He said, “You WILL have trouble in this world.” (John 16:33) that’s a promise. Many Christians stop there and aren’t taught the rest of the statement. He went on to say, “Take heart! I have overcome the world!” Why should you be excited and happy because He has overcome the world? Because you are one spirit with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17)!
If He has overcome the world, so have you.
It’s not a future tense thing, He didn’t say, “Take heart, someday I will overcome the world!” He said He already has. If He has already overcome all the trouble in the world, so have I. The problem is we get sucked into thinking from a now perspective were we are still trying to win. I already won, I don’t beg God for victory, I use the power and authority that He gave me to enforce the victory I already have in Christ.
I always win, I never lose (2 Cor. 2:14). I’m not helpless, I’m full of power. I’m not a victim, I’m a victor. I don’t look for victory, I live from it. I don’t need to beg God to fight my battles, He gave me power and authority and told me to trample on the works of the devil (Luke 10:19). Should you feel ashamed and inferior for asking God for help? Not at all! You are growing and learning, as am I. He’s the guy who said, “Ask and you shall receive.” There is nothing wrong with asking, but the point is not to get stuck in this idea that He is up there and you are down here, and you constantly need him to come to your rescue. He lives in you.
He lives in me, He goes where I go. I’m not powerless against sickness, diseases, depression, stress, worry, or any of that other garbage. I am victorious every time. I always win, I never lose, even when I feel like I have. My nature is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22), those are the fruits of the Spirit who lives in me, who is also one Spirit with me.
Does any of this mean you will never face opposition or get into battles? No. Jesus promised you trouble. What I’m saying is that you will always win if you use what God gave you and stop believing the lie that you are lacking and need a better anointing or a stronger gift before you can receive what he has for you.
You have the greatest anointing, that is the Anointed One who lives in you and will never leave you (Gal. 4:6, 1 John 2:27, Matt 28:20). You have the greatest gift, that is the Holy Spirit who lives in you, in whom every gift resides.
You always win, you never lose (2 Corinthians 2:14).
No comments:
Post a Comment